At GCI, we believe that only an exceptional team can deliver exceptional results. We are always looking for talented individuals that share our commitment to our values: 360⁰ Excellence, Innovation, Independence and Community.
In return, we offer a family environment, stimulating work, and a positive approach to training and personal development.
Title: Salaried Wealth Manager
Based at: Sandton or Florida, Johannesburg
- To retain the existing client’s for GCI, by ensuring that the service levels that have been agreed with clients are met
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Formal reviews in accordance with client needs/as agreed with clients i.t.o. service level agreements
- Addressing ad hoc queries and concerns in a timely and efficient manner
- Generate leads from existing clients and source additional funds from existing clients where possible
- Processing of queries and implementation of changes
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally and externally to assist and enable organisational operations and effective service to people involved.
- Interpret instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to administrative policies and procedures.
- Plan and prioritise personal activities and client contact towards achieving agreed business aims, – especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Maintain and develop existing and new clients through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth, and client satisfaction.
- Respond to and follow up enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Record, analyse, report and administer according to systems and requirements, within the regulatory environment.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external client meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Credible and comfortable in dealing with a wide spectrum of individuals. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Well presented and businesslike. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team-player. Prepared to work after hours as might be required.
Minimum Qualification Requirement: Successfully completed RE5 and not currently under supervision
Are you client-focused, with an appetite for developing and maintaining relationships? If you are service oriented, enjoy interacting with clients and stand out from the crowd we want you to join our team.
The GCI Group has grown by 40% per year for the past 19 years and has separate Employee Benefits and Succession Planning divisions, and we are looking for a Financial Planners Assistant to join our community.
Key Focus Areas will include:
- Client Services
- Back office Support
- Administration and Compliance
You will deal with Clients, Financial Advisors, Product providers and Compliance
- Interact with Clients, Financial Advisors, Product providers and Compliance on all levels and in all instances
- Gather and prepare information for client, meetings, including but not limited to the initial meeting and client reviews.
- Ensure that all instructions are received and processed by product providers, and that processing takes place within required turn-around times.
- Assist with FAIS and FICA compliance and any other compliance requirements.
- Drive outstanding requirements i.e. medicals, questionnaires, FICA documents and anything material to the case.
- Facilitate the resolution of all queries received within 24 hours or at earliest possible time.
- Be telephonically available for client queries, and act as initial point of contact for client queries.
- Ensure that all client information is maintained on the client relationship management system.
- Follow a specific process to get great out comes
- Arrange appointments and manage the advisor’s diary, ensure reviews are set-up.
Do you have:
- Tertiary education: Diploma or Degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in the same role
- Full understanding of the FAIS and FICA Acts
- Class of Business or RE (not a requirement but an advantage)
- A good work ethics track record
Computer competency requirements:
- Microsoft packages – with a strong proficiency in excel an advantage
- CRM Package – Xplan an advantage
Do you naturally possess:
- A Dynamic personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Creativity and problem solving
- A highly organized approach to your work
- No tolerance to mediocrity
- A Methodical approach and thrive on process and structure
- The ability to plan and execute tasks productively to meet deadlines
- Logical thinking and critical reasoning
- Accurate on point skills to deliver high quality work
- A service orientated attitude
- Stress management skills that allow you to perform in a high pressure environment
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: ATT Natalie Havenga Client Relationship Manager
GCI is looking for a Short Term Commercial Underwriter to join the GCI community.
The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for performing risk analysis on insurance policy applications on organisations.
Duties will include
- Administrative Support to Short Term Brokers
- Client Service, Policy Administration and servicing
- Claims Services
- General Administration
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Must preferably have completed a Short-Term Insurance qualification as well as the FAIS regulatory exam (RE5)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Administration skills and ability to work under pressure
- Commercial and Personal Lines insurance Administration and Underwriting Experience
- Effective Time Management
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Customer Service orientated
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
Please email your CV to email@example.com with the following subject line: ATT Natalie Havenga Short Term Commercial Underwriter
We are currently recruiting experienced Wealth Managers and Financial Planners to be part of our financially strong and independent business, with assets under advice in excess of R3.5bn.
Our succession planning model has already allowed participating advisors to retire from their businesses, and has allowed active advisors to scale their businesses to new heights.
GCI has a national footprint with offices in Sandton, Florida, Pretoria, Bloemfontein, Garden Route, Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Oudtshoorn, Natal Midlands, Durban and Mauritius.
We are looking for a select group of highly-motivated individuals to develop into the highest calibre of Wealth Managers, ready to earn more annuity revenue than most think is possible.
We offer the following
- Guaranteed, high quality marketing leads
- Comprehensive administrative support
- Comprehensive compliance support
- A competitive fee and commission structure
- Achievable, massive ongoing income
- Extreme sales and motivational training
- The potential to move to management
Desired Skills & Experience
- More than 2 years’ experience as a Financial Planner
- Financial or accounting graduate
- Ideally CFP qualified
Interested in a career at GCI?
Interested applicants please send a short cover letter and your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you have any questions about careers at GCI? Please contact us using the form below.